Friday 6 September 2013

FRUIT FASTING- DAY 3

CRAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVIIIINNNNGGGGS!!!
I’ve been having insane cravings.
Yesterday evening, I craved amala (yam flour) which I do not care for and then and rice with ata-dindin (stew that’s been fried with palm oil). Also, on this day, I craved toasted sandwich.
Then I had to experience the greatest temptation of my life- to abandon the fruit fast and start afresh the following week due to a departmental pizzafest. Yes, there was pizza, lots of boxes containing pizza of various flavours, flying all over the place, and all I had to take was a bowl of boring, tasteless (it became so after the aroma of pizza) fruit.
I was sorely tempted.
 But 2 things kept me going:
First, I had shared this on Facebook, and had others watching to see if this was practicable. I wanted them to know it was.
Secondly, I wanted to prove to myself that I could tell my flesh a resounding, reverberating NO.
It wasn’t easy, but it was worth it.
My day didn’t even start with my usual drink of water and bentonite clay. I woke late and had to hasten my preparation. Had to even plead with my lovely mum to assist in cutting up some water melon and pawpaw for me, which she graciously did.
Once I got to work, I took some water and bentonite clay, mixed some fruit, ate them, then later took a cup of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and molasses.
At past 12pm, pizzas started flying around with fizzy drinks (which I haven’t had for over 3 months, so I don’t struggle with that at all. I usually just pick a bottle and give it out). I picked up 2 slices for my dog and brother, wrapped them up and kept it in my bag, while I watched others even having a large box almost full of pizza, after taking 2 or more large slices (as I’m writing this, one of the interns just came to tell me he’s marking his birthday today, but no temptation can hold light to the pizza’s.)
I was so hungry on this day that me not stopping told me that I could do what I set my mind on doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment