Thursday 31 May 2012

NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS



My dog has had to learn to adjust some of his intuitions and innate behavior.
Earlier on, whenever I sprint into the kitchen because I suddenly remembered what I was cooking might be burning, Max will run after me barking. His thinking was that I was in danger.
Few minutes ago, I was frying plantain, and sprinted out when I remembered what was on fire (narrow escape). Max followed me, but didn’t bark. He just looked at me to be sure I was okay before turning back. Interestingly, I haven’t had to sprint to the kitchen in a while, but my dog had learnt to change his way of reacting to my sprint. Yes, it still piqued his curiosity but he trained himself not to bark again.

In our relationships- romantic, filial, work and so on- people do things that make us bark; but like the famous saying says if you cannot change something, change the way you think about it.

6/4/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment